Teacher Must Haves!
This list is never-ending! From back-up pencils to hand sanitizer, a teachers’ shopping list can go on and on and on. I chose 10 items which I would consider my go-to each time I need to stock up. They are in random order and you’ll see that when we reach number 10. So…here’s a look at what I must have in order to get me through the term…or the week for that matter!
1. With so many things to remember during the day, you must have something close by to scribble notes on. These post-it notes come in handy and it helps that they’re pretty too! I use these to remind myself of parents to call or tasks I need to complete for the next day. You can also use them for motivation by printing student messages on them or parent reminders too! Do you use post-it notes?
2. I. Must. Have. Paperclips! How else are we to keep those stacks of papers together? If I am sending homework that requires pasting objects, the paperclips hold the objects together. I also use these for SPED sessions when doing Math or Phonics… or pretty much in every session. That’ll be explained in another post so look out for it!
3. When the paper clips fail, turn to staples! When purchasing a stapler, I always look for one that gives me more for my $$. This 3-in-1 set is perfect as it comes with staples and a stapler remover. Imagine using this during exam time! I always keep a stapler in my desk and a mini one in my pencil case for on-the-go papers you have to take home. Check this stapler set out!
4. If you’re like me and you are constantly sticking charts or other created resources on the walls, then you know that two-sided tape does not always work and it also damages your resources. This is where a glue gun cones in! This life-saver does not damage your charts and it makes removal a breeze. I also use a larger glue gun for heavier projects but the mini one I keep in my teacher bag for easy classroom redecorating. You should see my wall space!
5. If you see my student’s books, you’ll realize that I hardly correct in red ink. Something about a red pen is a turn off to students and myself. I always use a colorful pen, from pink to green! I love these pens by Paper Mate to correct student work.
6. These are up there with paper clips! I prefer using the glue gun over tacks as these also damage your resources but they come in handy for putting up bulletins, calendars and any reminders you need to have close to hand.
7. Who doesn’t love Sharpies?! I use these permanent markers for Anchor Charts. Anchor Charts are useful for engaging students and making them colourful is very important! I also use them to mark anything that belongs to me; pencils, notebooks etc. Do you use Sharpies?
8. If you have a whiteboard in the classroom, these will be just what you need. They come in a variety of colours and even in fine tip for those like me who prefer that kind of point. More are on the way! The variations I love for myself, I’m sure you will too. You can also use these on laminated resources. This way you make your own whiteboard for centers and 1:1 instruction.
9. Teachers must always have rewards! Stickers, buttons, pencils, certificates and more are great ways to reward student behaviour, great work and to motivate those who are trying their best!
10. My NUMBER 1 teacher must-have (though it’s number 10 on this list) is a laminator! If you follow me on Instagram you would see why! I create a lot of resources and laminating helps me to preserve them. It is very user friendly and soon you’ll be making resources that you can reuse time and time again like I do. From numbers to put on the wall to posters to display words, you would wonder how you ever survived without one!
I hope this post helped you get a look into my teacher-must haves!
I use everything on the list! Check the store to see more of what I love!